Read bottom up to follow the flow:
I thought memorandums were supposed to be brief, not as brief as executive summaries, but brief.
There seem to be 2 divergent views re the effect of Sandy on US economy: a) disruption of the recovery b) growth stimulus effect by money spend on the damages, multiplied by a greater than 1.0 factor. As per electoral effects, some think it may prove beneficial for Obama and Dems if seems presidential in his dealing with Sandy effects is deemed effective. Or could backfire. Will it also restore some faith of people in "government" and make collective esprit (eg health care) more popular. Guess we shall see.
Many admire the Iceland "model" of dealing with it. But they should recall it has a population of 320,000, a total area of 103,000 km2 out there in the Atlantic and a volcano!
The problem with parents raising their kids with prince/princess aka noble values is that unless they also give them a Principauté, they are in for a rough ride in the "streets" of life.
Hard times for "princes" and "princesses" (not the real ones, the other ones). Also hard for vagabonds, though. Unless in warmer climates.
For decades now, searching for a job had become a job. In recent years, it has become a career.
- ► 2018 (524)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- Systemics and Dynamics Live NP Blog, October 31, ...
- Systemics and Dynamics Live NP Blog, October 30, 2...
- Personal live blog, October 29, 2012
- Systemics and Dynamics Live NP Blog, October 29, 2...
- Merkelian consistency!
- On the third Obama-Romney debate
- My take on Obama
- The West in 2012 and Ancient Athenian culture
- On the British EU debate (and on Germany)
- Time the UK elites stop badmouthing the EU if ...
- European myths and real fears: Time to face the t...
- The paymasters of democracy and one person, one vo...
- A new EU industrial policy? Can the EU be re-indus...
- Who will be the EU's "Romans"?
- More on separatist dynamics in Europe - a case ins...
- Europe's social volcano: NW Europe compared to Ath...
- Is more Europe the answer to separatist dynamics i...
- On the competitive advantages of countries (and US...
- Those who live by exports ....
- When capitalism goes on auto pilot
- Tolerating vs embracing Diversity
- What do the liberals and the Leninists have in com...
- Employability and (geo) mobility
- Re Brain Drains
- ▼ October 2012 (24)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)