Friday, October 12, 2012
Those who live by exports ....
Funny how heavily export dependent economies, emerging (China et al) and mature (eg GER) are being hit by the recession in their export markets
Debunks the myth of export exceptionalism. And points out the value of consumption rich economies (USA and many in the Eurozone).
In other words, where are the US, Spain, Greece, France, UK, Italy consumers when you need them, Germany, China et al? Austerised.
Let's face it, it's the US and many Eurozone consumers that make/made the world economy/trade go round!
- ► 2018 (525)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- Systemics and Dynamics Live NP Blog, October 31, ...
- Systemics and Dynamics Live NP Blog, October 30, 2...
- Personal live blog, October 29, 2012
- Systemics and Dynamics Live NP Blog, October 29, 2...
- Merkelian consistency!
- On the third Obama-Romney debate
- My take on Obama
- The West in 2012 and Ancient Athenian culture
- On the British EU debate (and on Germany)
- Time the UK elites stop badmouthing the EU if ...
- European myths and real fears: Time to face the t...
- The paymasters of democracy and one person, one vo...
- A new EU industrial policy? Can the EU be re-indus...
- Who will be the EU's "Romans"?
- More on separatist dynamics in Europe - a case ins...
- Europe's social volcano: NW Europe compared to Ath...
- Is more Europe the answer to separatist dynamics i...
- On the competitive advantages of countries (and US...
- Those who live by exports ....
- When capitalism goes on auto pilot
- Tolerating vs embracing Diversity
- What do the liberals and the Leninists have in com...
- Employability and (geo) mobility
- Re Brain Drains
- ▼ October 2012 (24)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)