Until when are NW Europeans going to continue living their lives in quiet desperation? Policies must alleviate pressures now! Imho that is.
Greeks and Spaniards are more extrovert, but if an already active social volcano erupts in NW Europe, I am afraid that Athens will seem a paradise by comparison.
Europe: In the old days there was America and its Ellis Island. In 2012, Mars? This time Europe must solve its problems w/o emigration to America, America or (intra-European or another Europe caused World) war.
PS. To what extent has war been replaced by trade and finance? Food for thought.
More analysis on this topic and implications for policy are available upon request. Contact me.
- ► 2018 (525)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- Systemics and Dynamics Live NP Blog, October 31, ...
- Systemics and Dynamics Live NP Blog, October 30, 2...
- Personal live blog, October 29, 2012
- Systemics and Dynamics Live NP Blog, October 29, 2...
- Merkelian consistency!
- On the third Obama-Romney debate
- My take on Obama
- The West in 2012 and Ancient Athenian culture
- On the British EU debate (and on Germany)
- Time the UK elites stop badmouthing the EU if ...
- European myths and real fears: Time to face the t...
- The paymasters of democracy and one person, one vo...
- A new EU industrial policy? Can the EU be re-indus...
- Who will be the EU's "Romans"?
- More on separatist dynamics in Europe - a case ins...
- Europe's social volcano: NW Europe compared to Ath...
- Is more Europe the answer to separatist dynamics i...
- On the competitive advantages of countries (and US...
- Those who live by exports ....
- When capitalism goes on auto pilot
- Tolerating vs embracing Diversity
- What do the liberals and the Leninists have in com...
- Employability and (geo) mobility
- Re Brain Drains
- ▼ October 2012 (24)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)