There is a lot of discussion re the issue of representation of the EU with either a "singe voice" vs (latest idea introduced)"single mouth" (eg in the G20).
IME what is key is for single EU voice and/or mouth to reflect a position that's representative of all 27 or decision reached by 27.
Is having a single mouth boring? No, IME that is not the case with European PMs and Presidents (eg Sarkozy) or Obama when they speak re national interest
Thus IMO the challenge is to define "EU interest" in an inclusive way for all "parts" of the EU, in the same way that eg Angela's voice is inclusive of all 16 laender & Obama's of all 50 states & Brown's of England, Scotland, Wales and NI.
- ► 2018 (485)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2012 (265)
- ► 2011 (261)
- Business, socio-economic and competitiveness (syst...
- Back to basics for the US and the rest of the deve...
- Why a United States of Europe is needed
- Volcan Economics?
- Britain can lead the EU!
- Uniting catalysts?!
- Economic theories or economic dogmata?
- What a global economy needs!
- Kein taboo?
- What citizens (in the UK and other countries) "des...
- What (really) makes the world go round?
- BRICs: 41% of world population
- Brainstorming on EU + USA
- Do you know your European History?
- How ambituous is more ambitious in Doha, WTO, worl...
- I agree M. Lamy! Let the public debate commence no...
- February US trade balances in goods and services
- EU trade surplus with the US in goods
- US trade balance stats for February 2010
- The value of primary education in life and career
- Large rise in China's imports behind trade deficit...
- Have the world and our lives become too financial?...
- Redefining what makes a market free
- EU and Eurozone GDP in Q4 of 2009 (Eurostat 2nd es...
- The Local, National, Regional, Global confusion! (...
- Some thoughts on economic and policy dynamics
- What is really a "Free Market"? Beyond myths and s...
- The (overlooked?) importance of market access in w...
- Each type of economic activity - "industry" has it...
- The beauty of football (soccer), business and poli...
- Beyond the national vs global debate
- On voices, mouths and national and EU "interest"
- On economic and political governance
- ▼ April 2010 (33)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)