Sunday, April 4, 2010
Beyond the national vs global debate
IMO globalization is not cutting it in its present version and that is largely the main cause of the re-focus on national levels in recent years. The same can be said of one of the main aspects of globalization, free trade. Having national leaders and other key figures make pro free trade and anti protectionism declarations, IMO, does nothing to address the systemics factors behind a) the protectionist and b) national focus dynamics of recent years. Free trade does produce extra world GDP but one has to consider and discuss who gets most share of that "added value" from trade and any other benefit of a global focus. And I re-iterate my view on the need to reconsider David Ricardo's "comparative advantage" theory, with relevance to modern systemics and dynamics.
- ► 2018 (525)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2012 (265)
- ► 2011 (261)
- Business, socio-economic and competitiveness (syst...
- Back to basics for the US and the rest of the deve...
- Why a United States of Europe is needed
- Volcan Economics?
- Britain can lead the EU!
- Uniting catalysts?!
- Economic theories or economic dogmata?
- What a global economy needs!
- Kein taboo?
- What citizens (in the UK and other countries) "des...
- What (really) makes the world go round?
- BRICs: 41% of world population
- Brainstorming on EU + USA
- Do you know your European History?
- How ambituous is more ambitious in Doha, WTO, worl...
- I agree M. Lamy! Let the public debate commence no...
- February US trade balances in goods and services
- EU trade surplus with the US in goods
- US trade balance stats for February 2010
- The value of primary education in life and career
- Large rise in China's imports behind trade deficit...
- Have the world and our lives become too financial?...
- Redefining what makes a market free
- EU and Eurozone GDP in Q4 of 2009 (Eurostat 2nd es...
- The Local, National, Regional, Global confusion! (...
- Some thoughts on economic and policy dynamics
- What is really a "Free Market"? Beyond myths and s...
- The (overlooked?) importance of market access in w...
- Each type of economic activity - "industry" has it...
- The beauty of football (soccer), business and poli...
- Beyond the national vs global debate
- On voices, mouths and national and EU "interest"
- On economic and political governance
- ▼ April 2010 (33)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)