A lot has been written in about the economic situation in the last 3-4 months re the economy and "systemics" of my native country. So here is a brief view of mine on a potential new "model" for Greece.
IMO, Greece needs a very innovative - tailor made business, socio-economic, competitiveness model that probably defies the conventional thinking in IMF, EU, ECB, etc:
A model that will capitalise on year round tourism services as well as intellectual products & services, driven by uber flexible micro firms.
Complete overhaul & simplification of public sector, laws & regulations re everything; relatively low but simple taxation; decent welfare (NHS, etc) for all; inside the Euro of course. But for, that Greece should ask for urgent creation of a real EU Single Market (as opposed to the existing not-so-well working one) for goods, services & work, for all sectors; and improved EU competition law to protect micros in the EU Single Market. As well as lead most others in demanding new Euro policy vis-a-vis USD, Yen, Pound, etc.
- ► 2018 (485)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2012 (265)
- ► 2011 (261)
- Business, socio-economic and competitiveness (syst...
- Back to basics for the US and the rest of the deve...
- Why a United States of Europe is needed
- Volcan Economics?
- Britain can lead the EU!
- Uniting catalysts?!
- Economic theories or economic dogmata?
- What a global economy needs!
- Kein taboo?
- What citizens (in the UK and other countries) "des...
- What (really) makes the world go round?
- BRICs: 41% of world population
- Brainstorming on EU + USA
- Do you know your European History?
- How ambituous is more ambitious in Doha, WTO, worl...
- I agree M. Lamy! Let the public debate commence no...
- February US trade balances in goods and services
- EU trade surplus with the US in goods
- US trade balance stats for February 2010
- The value of primary education in life and career
- Large rise in China's imports behind trade deficit...
- Have the world and our lives become too financial?...
- Redefining what makes a market free
- EU and Eurozone GDP in Q4 of 2009 (Eurostat 2nd es...
- The Local, National, Regional, Global confusion! (...
- Some thoughts on economic and policy dynamics
- What is really a "Free Market"? Beyond myths and s...
- The (overlooked?) importance of market access in w...
- Each type of economic activity - "industry" has it...
- The beauty of football (soccer), business and poli...
- Beyond the national vs global debate
- On voices, mouths and national and EU "interest"
- On economic and political governance
- ▼ April 2010 (33)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)