IMO, what is wrong with the Fiscal Compact cannot be fixed with a growth oriented appendix that the German SPD seems to be satisfied with.
It needs to be amended as to fix more realistic goals. France24 has just tweeted: "@France24_en [LIVE] Hollande says he will balance cutting budgets with a humane approach to growing economy #livef24". Does that mean making fiscal targets more realistic or flexible, thus achievable with humane policies or append a barbaric approach to cost cutting with a growth plan?
There's a big difference!
- ► 2018 (524)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- Kiss intra-EU trade goodbye?
- European Council: Some comments
- Reform this!
- The Rajoy factor in Eurozone dynamics
- Eurozonology: The Eurozone is a system where ........
- European Calendar (my selections)
- Fiscal Compact: Append and/or Amend?
- The fundamental problem of Austerianism is ..
- Euroland: Lost, Fringe or FlashForward?
- Capitalism: My definition
- Spot the faults in the Merkelian logic
- Searching for the centre
- Europe Day 2012: May 6 instead of May 9?
- NPEurotelex, May 5: Where is Greg House?
- NPEurotelex, May 4: Rain and Pain. Gain?
- NPEurotelex, May 3: Barcelonaaaa!!!
- NPEurotelex, May 2: Up and Down in Euroland
- A look into some elements of Eurozone systemics
- ▼ May 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)