Friday, December 21, 2012
2013: What the times call for is for governments to ...
What the times call for is for governments to get their act together and govern, via better planned and implemented policies.
In countries such as the UK, one has seen a rise in voters and parties that are anti-Brussels and increasingly anti-Whitehall, in a way resembling the Tea Party ideology and dynamics. They challenge the role of the state as well as of governments.
How can this dynamic be addressed? In my opinion, what the times call for is for governments to get their act together and govern, via better planned and implemented policies. Policies that address the real issues faced by citizens in their daily lives, in policy/comprehensive ways not in theoretical or crisis management manner. There is an urgent need for better public policy rather than PR/image making by governments and political parties.
My reference sample is the EU27 (EU and national levels) and the US, two regions I monitor closely.
- ► 2018 (525)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- Left and Right, but where is the Center?
- 2012 Review: US vs EU models (dreams vs quality of...
- 2013: What the times call for is for governments t...
- From my personal diary; Thinking is hard work
- Lobbying is so 20th century
- End of what?
- A serious fundamental flaw of the EU single market...
- The key to the EU and its single market
- Competitiveness: In search of balance?
- Euro Fringe
- Merkelian logics
- Scylla or Charybdis in modern economics
- 11 day (fin) virus
- Management and HRM: Chains, links and what's wrong...
- Decision making in 2012: Plan vs Strategy
- ▼ December 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)