Eurozone volume of retail trade in August 2009 down 0.2% compared with July, down 2.6% with August '08 (source: Eurostat)
In the EU as a whole (27 states) the volume of retail trade in August 2009 was down 0.3% compared with July - up in 4 states, down in 13 - and down by 1.8% when compared to August 2008.
In August 2009, compared with July 2009:
a) “Food, drinks and tobacco” rose by 0.5% in the Eurozone (16) and by 0.3% in the EU (27)
b) the non food sector fell by 0.6% in both zones.
In August 2009, compared with August 2008:
a) “Food, drinks and tobacco” fell by 1.3% in the Eurozone and by 0.3% in the EU (27).
b) the non food sector fell by 3.2% and 2.1% respectively.
- ► 2018 (485)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2012 (265)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (248)
- The Tories in "Europe"
- Some (radical centrist) thoughts on Climate Change...
- Europe needs Britain and vice-versa?
- EU and Eurozone unemployment in September
- Greepeace criticises EU leaders over commitment to...
- liberal vs liberal!
- EU "Cognitive Associations": Lisbon, Maastricht, ....
- working at home, heaven or hell?
- EU's position on climate change negotiation
- The EU has solutions?
- Does the EU need a min wage as a balance to inter-...
- EU Spanish Presidency priorities
- EU leaders meet with EU employers and trade unions...
- The EU President post and the European Council
- Globalisation then and now
- energy alternatives while facing global warming
- German consumer confidence down in October
- House prices in England and Wales in September
- Eurozone bank lending down in September! Why?
- Masters of globalisation and of Union making
- For real growth and real jobs (in the UK and EUrop...
- Globalisation via Regionalisation? ASEAN leading t...
- Present day heroes
- EU Single Market for mainstream and new media?
- economic modeling: What happened to the Irish and ...
- WTO Doha Round: Gloomy week
- economic policy dilemma of 2009
- UK GDP in Q3: Ouch!!
- Sir WInston and a "United Stats of Europe"
- UK economic modeling (tourism, fin services, etc)
- Services "Phobia" (intra-EU, US, global)?
- EU Single Market's weakness undermines the EU's gl...
- A more "strategic" EU?
- Can the EU lead?
- US messages on trade and globalisation
- EU: Where are we going?
- Innovation, R&D and entrepreneurship
- EU Single Market(s): how real are they?
- better regulation (EU and member states)
- Time for radical changes, bottom-up?
- Time for radical changes in world trade and WTO ru...
- some thoughts on HR, healthcare, entrepreneuship a...
- US Trade Statistics for August 2009 and Jan-Aug 20...
- US Retail Sales in September 2009
- US Industrial Production in September 2009
- EU trade balance details for January to July 2009
- EU and Euriozone trade balances in August 2009
- Industrial Production in the EU and the Eurozone i...
- EU and Eurozone inflation in September 2009
- How to strenthen the EU Internal (Single) Market -...
- Towards Real Globalisation: Introduction
- Some thoughts on geographical mobility and immigra...
- US Retail Sales in September 2009
- modern man is a wimp?
- Towards some basic world minima?
- EU - South Korea free trade agreement
- World Food Day Oct. 16 - 1 bn people hungry today!...
- Pascal Lamy on the importance of Services in globa...
- UK unemployment at 7.9%
- China's trade surplus Jan-Sept 2009
- some thoughts re the LibDems proposal for an annua...
- UK inflation (CPI and RPI in September)
- UK trade balance in August 09
- The rich in Asia
- On the (bumpy) road towards a Copenhagen climate a...
- UK Retail Sales in September
- Schwarzenegger for President (of the EU)
- politics vs policies
- Russia GDP in 2009
- local or global, production vs transportation
- Financial Illiteracy
- The problem with political ideologies and economic...
- Interesting times: curse or blessing?
- Eurozone growth in 2010
- US trade balance in August
- Retrospection: Are the American people more capita...
- globalization vs national reliance in staple foods...
- UK and EU central banks keep their interest rates ...
- 9.9% of GDP!
- Agreement in the Doha WTO talks in 2010: Wishful t...
- My memories are all about you
- Not exactly USE: thoughts on the representation of...
- policy philosophy: regulating dilemmas
- US policy: regulating derivatives: dilemmas
- other EU Council meetings in October
- EU Competitiveness Council
- EU Transport Council
- Q2 GDP in the US, Japan, EU and Eurozone based on ...
- bad decisions in daily life and potential causes
- policy: economic lessons from Australia?
- EU: The European Commission has approved the Fren...
- EU and Eurozone retail sales in August 2009
- Remember: It's a Services economy now (US, UK, etc...
- Sovereignty in the era of alleged globalisation: p...
- Is Russia's new stance re WTO membership a sign of...
- policy attention: real economy for real growth and...
- the social fairness of simplification
- Germany: post-election policy challenges
- a new US and EU policy mindset for growth and jobs...
- ▼ October 2009 (103)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)