The key to the EU single market and the EU in general is making SMEs and people feel at home in "it". Has not happened yet.
And I do not mean just trade of goods or freedom of capital movement.
The Euro was/is an element of a single market and a single "space", not a goal in itself or the tool for bankers and central bankers (and speculators) it became. After all is said and done German/BuBa and their European disciples' philosophy undermined the Euro via the inflation obsessed policy allowed and its impact on the Euro exchange rate and hence its trade balance with the rest of the world. The EU/Euroland is inter alia a victim of China exports more than the US and a more "fortress Europe" Eu or Euroland will not happen (for better or worse) because certain European interests will not allow it.
This blog contains content I produced between 2000 and 2012. For my output as of 1/1/2013, go to the blog: http://nickpstrategy.blogspot.com
- Left and Right, but where is the Center?
- 2012 Review: US vs EU models (dreams vs quality of...
- 2013: What the times call for is for governments t...
- From my personal diary; Thinking is hard work
- Lobbying is so 20th century
- End of what?
- A serious fundamental flaw of the EU single market...
- The key to the EU and its single market
- Competitiveness: In search of balance?
- Euro Fringe
- Merkelian logics
- Scylla or Charybdis in modern economics
- 11 day (fin) virus
- Management and HRM: Chains, links and what's wrong...
- Decision making in 2012: Plan vs Strategy
- ▼ December (16)
- ► 2011 (260)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (686)
- ► 2007 (24)