US-EU Single Market or merger scenario (Medium Term, at best):
In a world of 7 bn with China 1.3 & India 1.2, the US has not enough size (eg internal
market) to compete or have autarky. Even with Canada.
The EU has less of a size problem (0.5 bn) but its Internal Market not working well (one of the barriers: 20+ languages) and still it is not large enough!
But an US+EU of 0.8 bn (possibly plus Canada) have enough size-population,
resources & compatibility (in prices, costs, various standards, in spite their differences) to be 1 of the 3-4 major entities in world stage later in this century.
- ► 2018 (485)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2012 (265)
- ► 2011 (261)
- The Caviar of Life
- Wisdom vs Consumerism: In search of a new equilibr...
- Is the "party" over for the developed economies?
- Re-engineering the industrial era
- The world as his/her home
- If the Germans spend more, who will benefit, the r...
- Brainstorming on world systemics: The US+EU scenar...
- A Global Polity for the Global Economy and the de-...
- The right time for the EU to move forward is ........
- Economic immigrants will save the European Social ...
- The Highway or the RN?
- Yes, a deeper yet less/better regulated and legisl...
- Competitiveness. growth and employment in 2010
- Goals or exports?
- EU lessons from Classical Greece
- Some thoughts re Independence and Sovereigny in 20...
- US and EU: Politics from the centre
- When did we elect "The Markets"?
- Sovereignty in 2010+ terms
- ▼ July 2010 (19)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)