Philosophy talks about enlightenment and wisdom.
Strategy talks, in effect, on awareness of the external (environment) and the internal (to the company).
Know thyself and understand the word. Then you are in sync with the universe and at peace.
In the era of social media (monetization, SEO, likes, friending, etc) and finance (CDSs, etc), it is the real economy that still the real economy. Of course the real economy pf 2012 cannot rely on construction (see problems with real estate bubbles in the US, Ireland, Spain) or traditional manufacturing.
But, my point, in this note is, that Strategy and Philosophy, albeit not buzz words of the times, are crucial tools in surviving and prospering in these times, or at least, being "happy" or content (for persons and for organisations, including corporations).
PS. The above does not mean that Finance and Social Media are or should be unimportant. Simply puts them in the right perspective and speaks out on the value of Strategy and of Philosophy in biz, politics and life in general,
This blog contains content I produced between 2000 and 2012. For my output as of 1/1/2013, go to the blog: http://nickpstrategy.blogspot.com
- Which is more important for Europe's anti-austerit...
- The biggest barrier to European political union is...
- Will the Fiscal Compact self-destruct?
- Want EU and Eurozone growth? Then ...
- What can European integration learn ...
- The morning after April 22: EU27 politics: If, the...
- Good houskeeping, the European social democratic w...
- Is the UK the "Austria" of European unification (i...
- On enterprise and legal certainty in the 2012 worl...
- Like in the movies
- A shift in the dynamics of austerity?
- Sacrifices in 2012
- Who's the Boss?
- EU issues: Balance?
- What would the world today be like if ...
- To provide real leadership in the EU and EZ, Germa...
- From Mar del Plata to Cartagena.
- Prussia after German unification vs Germany after ...
- The EU will not be a democracy until ..
- Time for EUropeans to get their act together and ...
- From Remember Doha to Europe after May 6
- Never mind Social Media and Finance. The value of ...
- May 6: Europe's Super Sunday?
- EU's Fringe?
- The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Merkelism
- Eurozone: Cheap money, what cheap money?
- Wave goodbye to the Western Way of Life? But which...
- From the center or from the fringe?
- BRICs, Brazil, UNASUR and the WTO
- The return to reality
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2011 (260)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (686)
- ► 2007 (24)