Sunday, July 15, 2012
One way for the EU to move forward is ...
The main mistake of Maastricht Treaty was using EMU as step towards Political Union whereas full Political Union was/is actually a prerequisite for EMU (aka the Euro).
So how does one repair the mistakes of the Treaty of Maastricht?
Well, not Merkel's (bull in a china shop) way, that's for sure!
I disagree with Westerwelle et al. The EU needs a new Treaty ASAP (amend EMU, steps towards political union, etc).
To avoid a UK veto to such move, the UK (and others?) could be offered the opportunity to leave the EU as the majority seems to want in Britain, but with a "good" (for the UK) special relationship of UK-EU as part of the "deal".
- ► 2018 (525)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- Cut wages or curb over-legislation?
- Economic immigration in the era of WTO free trade
- One way for the EU to move forward is ...
- Ancient Greek lessons for 2012 Europe
- The row over the uniforms and the WTO factor
- From the systemics Eurozone perspective
- If the Euro had remained within a 1.0 and 1.2 USD ...
- 50+ yrs since the EEC and ...
- If the whole of the Eurozone adopted the German ma...
- And the winner of last week's EUCO is ....
- ▼ July 2012 (10)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)