This blog contains content I produced between 2000 and 2012. For my output as of 1/1/2013, go to the blog: http://nickpstrategy.blogspot.com
Monday, 20 August 2012
If a member of the Euro trades mostly outside the Eurozone ...
1) If a member of the Euro (whichever these members are) trades mostly outside the Eurozone, does it make sense for it to be in it?
2) If a member of the EU and its single market (whichever these are) trades nostly outside the EU, does it make sense for it to be in the EU?
3) Membership of the EU single (or even common EEC) market "means" a state has focus inside the EU mkt (short though of a Fortress EU mentality)
4) The rationale of the single/internet EU market of 500,000,000 is for it to be (oh well) internal/single. And for members to trade mostly inside.
5) Global mega exporter Germany sells 40% in the Eurozone and 60% inside the Single EU Market. Makes sense!
6) If most EU members trade(d) mostly outside the EU, then what's the point a) of the EU Single Market? b) of the EU?
7) But then again quite a few of the 27 joined the EU/EEC primarily for security rather than economic reasons.
- 7 points in defense of Greece
- The Euro was supposed to ...
- EU Regional policy effectiveness considerations
- US states: Winner-takes-all
- If freedom is indeed another word for Nothing Else...
- Faulty premises leading to faulty analysis and pol...
- Austerity, marathons and high jumping
- If a member of the Euro trades mostly outside the ...
- Euro irrational
- Real policies for the real economy
- The key to a well working capitalism
- EU Single Market and the EU's SMEs
- Personal liberty is a noble goal but ...
- Paymasters, in the EU and the US
- What some people don't seem to get re the hard Eur...
- Guess whom (which country) I have in mind today?
- Germany and Robert Redford in the Candidate!
- The truth, alas, about the EU is ..
- All in (centrist) moderation?
- Games, in sports and in business
- Is Germany a bull in the Eurozone's China Store?
- Where are the philosophers when we need them?
- The number one impairment towards competitiveness ...
- The UK should leave the WTO instead of the EU!
- Their way or the highway?
- Some @npthinking follower stats
- Some things are not the Greeks' fault!
- Crucial events/factors in EU/EZ systemics and dyna...
- Capitalism is getting old. New product needed.
- If the world wants to maintain freedoms in trade a...
- Towards more national and local or continental and...
- Who are the real free-riders?
- In search of (some) consistency
- ▼ August (33)
- ► 2011 (260)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (686)
- ► 2007 (24)