Angela Merkel wants to export the German #economic model to the rest of the Eurozone and beyond (other EU members). But how many Germans like this model in the first place?
Which economic model is suitable for the Eurozone? IMO a single but diversity & pluralism based one! Not a static - simplistic one!
In other words, an economic model for the Eurozone is possible as long as it is based on understanding of all parts of the Eurozone, not mainly a few.
The conclusions of today's (March 11) Eurozone Summit (heads of state and government of the 17 Eurozone members) - see the text and my initial comments in another post on this blog - IMO fall short of what the Eurozone and the EU need:
Economic and Political Union! Either at EU (minus UK and Czech Rep.?) or Eurozone17+ level.
Because Tthe fundamental flaw in the Euro was/is that there is no Economic and more importantly, Political Union among its members
IMO most political leaders, opinion leaders and other thinkers in EUrope and around the world realise that a United States of Europe or a Federal Republic of Europe is the inevitable endgame of the EU (minus a few members maybe). Yet today's Summit of the Eurozone 17 was very timid re this goal.
Unless the 17 are dragging their feet until the inevitabilty is undisputable (because many do not have the grit to propose it (now) to their public opinions?)
This blog contains content I produced between 2000 and 2012. For my output as of 1/1/2013, go to the blog: http://nickpstrategy.blogspot.com
- ► 2012 (266)
- Recall the Europlus?
- A different kind of Contagion (Part 2)
- Post EUCO Europlus considerations: A European mode...
- A different kind of Contagion
- And now they are 23 (the EU's Europlus Pact)
- In these austere times: sensualité contre .....
- Is it a plane, a UFO or the EU (finally) moving fo...
- Nationalism vs Cosmopolitanism or Earth Sovereignt...
- Eurozone Summit: Falls short of what is needed: Ec...
- US energy policy: Nuclear for oil?
- March 11, 2011: A Dire Reminder and a Call for Uni...
- Eurozone Summit conclusions & Pact (and some initi...
- Eurozone: One issue, many perspectives
- Eurozone systemics: GIIPSB 44% of pop 39% of GDP!
- EPP vs PES = ?
- Why a 2% inflation target for the Eurozone and oth...
- Pact, reform, meetings, IP, jazz and inflation haw...
- Doha, special rels, jobless and inflation, Marx, L...
- Inflation etc!
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (686)
- ► 2007 (24)