Tuesday, May 29, 2018
OpEd: Why Greece needs a new "Papademos"
This one of the comms from New Democracy leader Mitsotakis speech at the Federation of Hellenic Enterprises, an fomer employer of mine.
Kyriakos, a fellow Athens College alum, and I have somewhat similar educational backgrounds.
When I interviewed for his exec team in March 2017 I pointed out that he has a very good academic part in his CV (Harvard College, Stanford and Harvard Business School). Better than Mark Rutte's.
What I did not include is that the professional part lacks industry experience, unlike Mark Rutte's and mine.
Kyriakos has good professional experience, McKinsey London and two banks. But that's it.
He has not been a corporate executive, an entrepreneur, a call center agent. As his wife's tax declarations' issue shows he may not have done on his own his Greek tax returns.
I have suggested he gets some more such experience in order to take Greece to where it needs to go.
His policy agenda, as this gif shows is too generic and student like, alas.
His Ministrial experience has not shown any tendency towards achievement of goals.
His government plan was formulated by volunteers mostly from academia and investment banking execs headed by an old friend from Brussels, Kostis Hatzidakis. It crearly lacks understanding of how large, medium and small size firms work in Greece and in the EU, US and Asia.
An EPP leader has recently suggested he knows the Greek economy best. Not so.
I have joined SYRIZA in early 2018 in order to help its dynamic team re-adjust Greece.
Under the leadership of Kyriakos Mitsotakis, New Democracy does in addition show understanding of the needs of executives and other workers in Greece.
To make matters worse, his New Democracy, unlike his his late father's, has engaged in such populism in recent months over the Macedonia issue that damaged the real needs of Greek economy and society as well as Greece's creditors.
I can foresee that its rhetoric will get worse and affect the re-adjustment of Greece.
At this crucial time, Greece needs serious main parties. Therefore either a new leadership is needed for ND.
An alternative is for New Democracy to participate in a government coalition of a 2011-2012 type for a few months. It won't contribute in its present format much but will cease its negative effect on the much needed re-adjustment of Greece.
SB, MIT; MS, Northwestern; MBA, INSEAD
- How to cover your costs
- On the road to Sounthion-Perahora, Greece for the ...
- Vakantie 2018
- Georgien und Griechenland
- OpEd: Why Greece needs a new "Papademos"
- To all 1990-present migrants to Greece
- Retiring in the post 2008 world
- The road to the Sounthion free camping area
- Property Mortgages in Greece
- Gagaros Greece
- My reply to reps of banking institutions contactin...
- Your Greece stinks our Greece will rock the world
- Red tape
- Jarhead: Great Athens flat for a Spartan
- OpEd: On Macedonia
- Greece, everyone's fave scapegoat no more
- Greece 2018
- Troika, u don't run Greece. Alexis does.
- Global Message to all Greeks outside Greece
- Troika, the Greeks are not idiots to sell their la...
- Polticians I have worked with this far
- SEVEN ways to enjoy Greece in 2018
- The Greeks: 251,000 Euros for a Golden Schengen Vi...
- Cyprus is Cyprus, Greece is Greece.
- I married my wife in spite of her being white. I t...
- I am black, only my skin is white
- ΠΑΝΕΥΡΩΠΑΙΚΟ ΔΕΛΤΙΟ ΤΥΠΟΥ
- H γενικευμένη πώληση κρατικής περιουσίας δεν εξυπη...
- The missing Golden Pounds: 500,000 euros worth! An...
- A Greece that puts out
- To all current employers in Greece
- To the citizens of the UK, France, Germany, NL, Po...
- Loutraki, Greece
- Trade Unions in Europe
- Greek employers
- To the so called Rouvikonas Group
- How to live in Greece until I govern it
- Greece immigration policy
- Greece 2018+
- Message to the Greeks who work for the EU
- Message to Belgium and other EU countries eg the U...
- Why are bus drivers in Juncker's Luxembourg making...
- It's very hard to be a heterosexual 45+ male in Eu...
- Reply to Markeus at MIT
- Question to the European Parliament
- Greek women
- OpEd: There are African women working as pros in G...
- Sale of a penthouse in Pangrati, Athens, Greece. P...
- This is the form to fill if you want the national ...
- 한국인과 한국 기업에 보내는 메시지.
- Op Ed: Why Greece shoulld have defaulted in 2010, ...
- The problem with 2018 Greece, Europe and the world...
- ΠΡΟΤΑΣΗ ΜΟΜΦΗΣ ΚΑΤΑ ΚΥΡΙΑΚΟΥ ΜΗΤΣΟΤΑΚΗ
- OpEd: FYROM or Macedonia?
- Reminder of the 2017 Statement of SYRIZA on the re...
- Come to Greece
- Open letter to Olaf Scholtz, Minister of Finance o...
- Current (post Dropbox/TP./Randstad) missions
- The Sale of the Palama 5 flat of Haroula Makris
- Wir wollen eine neue Europa
- Global Press Release: Letter to the IMF and Olaf S...
- First photos of the 20m2 Kosti Palama 5 flat in An...
- 30 smart square meters in a quaint part of Athens ...
- Βόλτα στο πιο διάσημο πάρκο του Άμστερνταμ! (video...
- Comments on the interview of the leader of the Hel...
- The sale 2018
- Foreigners come to my Greece
- International Civil Liability Claim: Panayotopoulo...
- European Press Release: A Public Message to Dora B...
- Greece is more than museums, bars, tavernas and ca...
- Molon Lave
- To BUSINESSEUROPE and the ETUC
- Exclusive Photos of the Zinonos 20 penthouse = for...
- Support for the SELMA strike on Monday
- Προς ΣΕΛΜΑ και όλο το προσωπικό των ΜΜΜ
- Δελτίο Τυπου
- If the EU is working so well then .....
- Greece has 20%-30% jobless plus the uninsured migr...
- Ψυχρολουσία από το ΣτΕ στους συνταξιούχους - Ναι σ...
- Open letter to the Teleperformance Board of Direct...
- 24 hr Athens Transport strike due to the arrival o...
- Message to the KPMG company Chairman of the Board
- Invitation to her Majesty the Queen of England
- A message to the Prince of Wales
- Reply to NYC born Giorgos Kaminis from Athens born...
- The Ministry's delay to announce the new prices no...
- To ECOFIN: Market dynamics in Greece and tourism
- Why the Greek state must never be allowed to borro...
- A message to the English, Scots, Welsh and Irish.
- Your countries suck so come to Greece
- The new Immigration Policy of Greece
- The Great post 2010 Conspiracy to kill the real es...
- International call for real and interesting people...
- Separating the Athens B' election district
- Political Parties of Greece: New Democracy
- A message to Norwegians in Greece
- Mitsotakis to meet the EPP and the new German FinM...
- ▼ May 2018 (164)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2012 (265)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)