25 years ago the experienced worker had some leverage vis-a-vis the young turks. In the Services and agorocracy era there is enormous discrimination against older candidates, male candidates especially heterosexual ones.
In shops in Athens, you only find Chinese working for chinese shops etc.
Family, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation based discrimination doesn't thoigh take place only in Occupied Athens Mme Christine Lagarde. And OECD type of tookboxes haven't done the jobs.
In the Brussels private sector market you are considered too old when over 40, inexperienced if under 30.
Recruiters spend up to 6" on a resume.
In London your last 3 years of your career count and former colleagues can be very useful to network you for job openings.
They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (film)
Directed by Sydney Pollack
Produced by Robert Chartoff
Starring Jane Fonda
Distributed by Cinerama Releasing Corporation
December 10, 1969
They Shoot Horses, Don't They? is a 1969 American depression-era melodrama film directed by Sydney Pollack. The screenplay by James Poe and Robert E. Thompson is based on the 1935 novel of the same name by Horace McCoy. It focuses on a disparate group of characters desperate to win a Depression-era dance marathon and the opportunistic emcee (MC) who urges them on to victory.
An example, this job advert today:
Key elements of the job advert in bold and underlined:
Digital Marketing & Ecommerce Trainee FULL TIME
We are looking for a talented and highly-motivated young person to join our team in Athens and become a part of our company’s future.
The position holder is responsible for the daily management of company’s on line shops, in terms of marketing activities, content and community management.
Update online product database (update products, images, descriptions, prices, stock)
Maintain and grow our communities in Facebook & Instagram
Run social media and search campaigns on product categories – analyze – optimize – report
Create engaging social media stories
Execute promotional activities (coupons, discounts, special days etc)
Monitoring sales and taking action to keep up with company’s targets
Execute newsletter & direct message campaigns
Participate in expansion campaigns & projects to reach new customers & markets
Holder of economic or technology direction degree (AEI/TEI/College)
0 to 3 years of relative experience
Basics of Photoshop
Social media savvy
Interest for technology and marketing
Communication skills (Greek/English)
Energetic and well organized
Will be considered as an advantage:
Previous proven experience or certifications in any of: social media management, creative design, digital marketing.
Knowledge of tools like Woocommerce, Facebook Ads, Mailchimp, Google Adwords.
Full time, long term occupation
Continuous training in marketing tools (i.e. Mailchimp, Facebook Ads, Google, Viber, Woocommerce)
A crucial role in our team with significant prospects
Friendly, creative and innovative work environment
Question to Troika:
1) Is this job (traineeship) subsidized by EU funds? If so, it shoudn't be cos it's blatant ageism in a 30% jobless market
2) It constitutes ageism anyway.
I will swear on th Cor'an and the 10 Commandments....
- 3 hours of sleep in the last 36 and going on
- Du bist schoen el Presidente.
- The maze of benefits
- Jobs for German speakers in Athen
- Συνδυασμός Παγκόσμια Αθήνα 2019-2023 - Ανακοίνωση
- Δελτίο Τύπου σχετικά με τις μεταρρυθμίσεις στα ΑΕ...
- Clever SYRIZA policy proposal: Eliminate Uni Entra...
- Got to love this: The lenders want more police eff...
- The Greek political staff must be replaced with a ...
- OpEd: There was no "normality" in 1977-2015 Greece...
- Carers and IT pros
- Open letter to the Ministry of Finance of Greece
- Casus belli?
- Who made Athens the setting of Logan's Run 2010+? ...
- More ageism cases studies: This one from Greece
- The road to the Hellenic Republic
- Nobody deserves to die
- A friend in need
- Security Union Discussion and Debate Group
- Exclusive photos of the Pangrati-Kessariani-Ilissi...
- A global message to the Greeks who are employed by...
- You come to work in a country with 30% jobless, tr...
- "Incidents" (Labor Relations in Crisis Greece)
- Expose: Bullied by sups and when I complained kick...
- What the ETIAS will do
- ETIAS, a Security Union, a new pillar of the EU an...
- Make Greece your new home! Mzia has.
- Greece's main competitive advantage
- My Greece won't borrow again #pledge
- User evaluation: Skype and why an MIT man will rul...
- "Maria" a migrant in your Greece, EU and world
- Shahid Kahn
- Open Letter to Shahid Kahn: Come invest in Athens ...
- Buy a Kosti Palama 5 flat near Grava across the s...
- Studies abroad
- The follie of the tourist and summer season is sta...
- Προς την συντρόφισσα Έφη Αχτσιόγλου και τους άλλου...
- Only Greece
- Incredible comments by the New Democracy spokesper...
- Why I will have to take Greece out of the EU thus ...
- A global press release from Greece: Te huur, te ko...
- A message to all policemen and policewomen around ...
- Message to all embassies in Greece
- Advice to Nea Demokratia
- Remember 1977-2015? I do.
- Mission statement of npthinking
- Racism in Greece
- Law and Order needs to have a Law and Order budget...
- Amerikis Square
- Gerry Makris is not for sale
- The Magnisias 20 flat of Haroula Makris: Sale
- The November 17, 2017 Declaration
- Athens transport for all
- Open letter to the US Democrats from Kessariani
- Where to buy cigarettes in Athens using a cash or ...
- Consumer review: Bazaar stores
- Greece: Problems for 4 hours on Thursday using the...
- Turkey-Greece war still pending
- Governance in Greece and the EU
- Working in Athens: You won't be able to use trolle...
- The effects of 2010-2017 on Greece: Part 1: Deaths...
- Guide: Starting a company in 2018 Greece or any ot...
- Age and jobs in Greece, Europe, the US etc
- What is "antikeimeniki timi" when you have or buy ...
- To the Belgians
- To McDonalds
- A message to all Albanians
- Global Press Release from Troika Occupied Athens
- Bladerunner 2030
- Why albeit a Media specialist I stopped watching G...
- Why did Billboard Woman of the Year. Madonna buy a...
- A message to the Kremlin and comrade Vladimir Puti...
- Public message to Kyriakos Mitsotakis
- This is how Dikaiologitika.gr reported the inciden...
- The incident on Lemessou Street today, reportage b...
- Greece is where East, West, South and North will l...
- A Public Global Message to the Maximou Media Team
- Un message aux employers partout dans le monde par...
- A penthouse with great view in Pagrati suitable fo...
- To people around the world
- France, send your migrants to my Greece
- To the Greek Diaspora members who define themselve...
- The Kesariani Universal Declaration 2018/5/23 by N...
- The Great Greece Sale - Update on "Selling Haroula...
- What a crazy job market
- Your Marketing of Greece is a joke
- Investment proposal to Recep Tayyip Erdoğan from N...
- Great purchase opportunity in Pangrati for embassy...
- Ilssia-Pangrati-Kesariani area in Greece: Penthous...
- Greece2018+: The dramas of uninsured migrant carer...
- Global, local, Euro or national?
- Location and Reputation
- Dear Greek private health services industry of Gre...
- Greece demands job creation here and now!
- Good morning from Greece!
- Sex in Greece
- A guide to 2018 Europe: Digital services
- Global Press Release: To the Georgian Goverrment
- Global press release to Twitter
- Turkish unemployment rate at 10.8% in January 2018...
- ▼ April 2018 (314)
- ► 2017 (67)
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2012 (265)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)