According to press reports UK gov people go around Brussels saying that all cards are on the table re a Brexit deal.
Given May's conference speech, no one believes them of course.
There is only only one logical explanation (other than they have lost their marbles):
May plans to start negotiating hard Brexit to please those she has to, in her party and the electorate, but at some point, when public opinion realises the costs (companies have already relocated, etc), she gives up the goal, quits and possibly calls for an election (or a new Tory leader is chosen). Then a soft Brexit is negotiated.
Unlikely indeed, but it's the only rational explanation.
- ► 2018 (524)
- ► 2017 (67)
- EU Reform: Hard and Soft
- UK: A very tough strategic choice for the Liberal ...
- Brexit does mean Brexit, after Article 50 is trigg...
- EU Reform: Which Way Forward (Part II)?
- United Republic of Ireland and Scotland
- EU Reform: Which way forward, after Wallonia?
- Roundup: Which way forward?
- Is this May's plan? A Brexit Theory.
- Brexit: First divorce, then relationship.
- Are you a European?
- French PM complains the French army is de facto th...
- Wave Goodbye to Global Street
- He wants his Britain back
- Brexit: The Bottom Line
- Lobbying, Public Affairs or Advocacy?
- The EU without the UK: Careers
- What happened to beautiful Greece?
- More and Leaner Europe and the EU's Sacrificial La...
- What Europe (really) needs (Part III)
- It's the European economy stupid (What Europe need...
- What Europe needs
- UK: Is it worth losing the EU Single Market over 8...
- May's Labyrinth
- ▼ October 2016 (23)
- ► 2012 (265)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (248)
- ► 2009 (688)
- ► 2007 (23)
- ► 2006 (7)