Monday, June 12, 2017

Whip them hard sir!

"And when after years my school fellows who had won prizes and distinction for writing such beautiful Latin poetry and pithy Greek epigrams had come down again to common English, to earn their living or make their way, I did not feel myself at any disadvantage.

Naturally I am biased in favour of boys learning English.

I would make them all learn English: and then I would let the clever ones learn Latin as an honour, and Greek as a treat.

But the only thing I would whip them for would be for not knowing English. I would whip them hard for that."

Whip them hard sir for not reading npthinking enough!

Άνδρα μοι ένεπε μούσα, πολύτροπον, ως μάλα πόλλα πλάχθη επί γυναικός ιερόν πτολίεθρον έπεσεν...

It's all Greek to me?

US English, UK English and Aussie English spoken.

Watch Spanglish.

Thanks to all readers so far.

Moving forward.

What does not kill you makes you stronger.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,

Feel free to comment.
Only suitable comments will be posted.
In EN, FR, GR, D, IT, SP, NL only (Use Google Translate otherwise SVP).

Thanks.
BRs
Nick

Share/Bookmark