Friday, June 2, 2017

My 9 years in Tibet

On December 1, 2002, I got a phone call from the owner of the company I had been free lancing for since May 2002.

"I did not deposit your fee in the bank as arranged because I lent the money to a friend in need and do not have it".

December 25, I terminated the collaboration. Started preparing to move to London and start afresh after 8 years in my native country/job market. I did not wish to return to Brussels (1991-1995). I started reading up on global affairs/dynamics instead of EU ones.

"Tibet"

I monitored daily developments around the world. By 2005 I was ready to move. But a family member needed me in Greece.

Thus I spent 2005-2012, 9 years in total analysing the world from a flat. 3 while being a carer. An extra 4 cleaning up family red tape of 100 years and downsizing to just a few things (vagabond).

"Vagabond"

I then spent July 2012 to December 2016 vagabonding around Europe trying to find a corporate job or any job at 50+ and a "lazy and tax evading" Greek. On top of having been a "flea" (see Charles Handy's book).

Since December 2016 I'm back on the chain, gang.
Global CRM for a dynamic multinational.

If you believe in a cause, you can be a soldier or a commander in chief, the difference is not that big.
The cause is: Human Capital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,

Feel free to comment.
Only suitable comments will be posted.
In EN, FR, GR, D, IT, SP, NL only (Use Google Translate otherwise SVP).

Thanks.
BRs
Nick

Share/Bookmark