Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Just another day at the crossroads of Asia, Europe and Africa.

09:55 on a train going to work (11:00-19:00 shift). She steps into the wagon. Tall, thin, around 25 with a backpack. North European or American, vagabonding. 

I was thinking about work and did not chat. Just admired. She sat across from me. Opened her pack and took out a sandwich, 1.70E. 

Took off her sweater, she had hair in her armpits.
Amazon, Zina,

After work, 8+1 hrs later, around 20:45, I arrive at a downtown supermarket. I buy some goods. 

I chit-chat with the cashier guy. I offer to buy a cig from him cos I'am out. He gives me one for free.

I walk over to the bus stop. Open the Vanilla Cola (0.30E) and smoke the cig (Marlboro). People watching. I hop on the bus 30' later and get off near my house, I run into bros from Africa.

I am home. Bronx of Athens and Europe and proud of it. We spend 190E on rent, 3 people, all together not each! 

Ran into an NU alum yesterday. High fived when we realized we were both wildcats. She is '08.

I love this city more than ever before.
Has become almost as cosmopolitan as London and way cheaper to live.

That is why my employer, a US multinational, chose to run its global operations from here. Great human resources at a bargain price tag.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,

Feel free to comment.
Only suitable comments will be posted.
In EN, FR, GR, D, IT, SP, NL only (Use Google Translate otherwise SVP).

Thanks.
BRs
Nick

Share/Bookmark