Wednesday, December 19, 2012

From my personal diary; Thinking is hard work

Two people in real life today impressed by my argumentation skills. A result of many years of experience. thinking and practice online.

I always had a "talent' for argumentation. I won prizes in Impromptu Speaking in English as early as high school. I used my argumentation skills when discussing complex issues in policy committees at a European organisation in Brussels.

But I developed my ability to say/argument/syllogise on policy, business and many other issues, only in the last 10 years, after intensive daily monitoring of world developments, reading, watching films, hard systemic/analytical and creative thinking and practicing the ability to put those in action, to argument in a way that is both meaningful and "catchy", via years of training in online forums and in the last three years, on Twitter.

Now I have it down to a skill that I can deploy day in, day out, as a Twitter/blogpost follower and real life friend recently observed.

Is that a skill that is market needed?

Not sure. Not applying for politician jobs. Maybe it even gets in the way of me being appealing for a think tank/research and analysis job. Maybe.

Will get back to you on that one.

PS. What the friend noted the other day (recently) is that the point I make after all this hard work, are a) to a larhe extent "pre-produced"/"pre-thought" as in "pre-cooked" and b) that they are appealing or even funny/humorous but they contain much essence, Yeap, that is the "product" I work hard for years to develop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,

Feel free to comment.
Only suitable comments will be posted.
In EN, FR, GR, D, IT, SP, NL only (Use Google Translate otherwise SVP).

Thanks.
BRs
Nick

Share/Bookmark