A key strategic question is whether Germany still relies on Euro & EU markets for its exports or can rely on China et al.
Different exporters in Germany and the rest of the Eurozone17 have different geo-strategic trade interests: Some prefer the Eurozone, some the opportunities in China et al, etc!
For a large % of Eurozone export & other firms, a EU exit from the WTO would be a blessing (inter alia, it would curb Chinese exports to the EU and its Eurozone that compete with many made in Eurozone products) . For many, a curse.
Of course, in that scenario, EU trade would be conducted on the basis of existing or new bilateral agreements of the EU with countries (China, USA, India) or groups (eg Mercosur, ASEAN etc)
Which interests will prevail in EU trade as well as other policies (eg the implicit exchange rate policy of the Euro)?
This blog contains content I produced between 2000 and 2012. For my output as of 1/1/2013, go to the blog: http://nickpstrategy.blogspot.com
- ► 2012 (266)
- Dynamics: Escapism and sanctuaries
- Living with Uncertainty - the Lords of Chaos!
- The power of the mind
- Prisoners of our Mindsets
- Saturday night anyone?
- Suffering for ....
- One of the key mistakes of the EU's periphery has ...
- The Rhythm of your World, Just-in-Time
- Last Day of Troy
- Love stinks, like roses!
- Decision Science
- Free Trade This!
- Where are the Agoras? (poem)
- Dynamics: Oxymoron? The competitive advantage of b...
- Downgraded to Junk
- One World, the People
- Emerging EUropean dynamics
- What will make the EU's periphery competitive in t...
- Economic/political dogmae and economic agnosticism...
- Time to rethink global trade (and save the Euro & ...
- In view of 2.7% stable Eurozone inflation, was the...
- 2.5% intra-EU migration, only 4% non-EU immigrants...
- Which interests will prevail in EU trade policy?
- Does the surprise June drop in UK CPI from 4.5 to ...
- From "buy local" to "hire natives" to "invest at h...
- Let's not make the Maastricht mistake again
- On speculation
- Global dynamics: The "our taxpayers" gimmick
- What is driving Eurozone prices up?
- What does one get when one tries to balance Bundes...
- Does the Eurozone need a new (!!) central bank?
- World Dynamics: Mind the B Scenario!
- Ponder on this!
- Global Systemics: Interconnectivity
- ▼ July (35)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (686)
- ► 2007 (24)