Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ramblings of an Unemployed Man (very current!)

Conceived and written in September 2004.

1) Text format:

What I need is a job.
But not any kind of job
The right job, the right job, a JOB.

A job that meets my training skills
a job that satisfies me
a job that meets employers' needs
a job that merely fits

How befitting is to work
What a social satisfaction
What a wealth creation function
A job, a job, a job!

What I need is a job.
But not any kind of job
The right job, the right job, a JOB.

How depressing to be poor
How sad to be unsure

Insecurity
Uncertainty
Insanity
Being jobless a profanity!

In today's society
But is that a reality?

What I need is a job.
But not any kind of job
The right job, the right job, a JOB.

How fantastic to be rich
To be high beyond the reach
of misery
of saucery
Pure fantasy!

I don't want to be alone
Looking through the glass dome
The job ads are so many
Wish I could be fit for any
Suitable!
Employable!
Enjoyable!

What I need is a job.
But not any kind of job
The right job, the right job, a JOB.

But is it feasible?
All the experts agree
The job market is a flea
Today's reality

Yesterday's formality
Oh how the world has changed!
Oh my god I feel shortchanged

Global exchanges
Global dynamics

What I need is a job.
But not any kind of job
The right job, the right job, a JOB.

I wish I was trained in ceramics!
I could then create some art
Sell it the highest bidder

Underpaid is a curse
Little money in the purse
A job would be a blessing!
And the need is so pressing!

Like a window dressing!

2) Musical format (enactment, August 2007):





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,

Feel free to comment.
Only suitable comments will be posted.
In EN, FR, GR, D, IT, SP, NL only (Use Google Translate otherwise SVP).

Thanks.
BRs
Nick

Share/Bookmark